Academic Programme Manager
To take the lead role in realising the British Council’s ambition to be the market leader in English Language Learning in Tanzania. The post will involve developing, expanding and managing the current portfolio to achieve ambitious growth targets and contribute to the overall development of the Teaching Centre operation in Tanzania.
|Duration||1 year fixed term|
|Closing date||Monday 04 June 2018|
Working closely with the Centre Manager and Business Development Manager, the successful post holder will be responsible for the following:Academic Programme Management:
- lead on academic management of the Centre programmes in accordance with British Council global policy, best practice and market research findings
- lead on initiatives in product and service development, e.g. syllabus design, assessment procedures and reporting
- lead on the development of dynamic clubs and wrap around services to increase customer satisfaction levels
- ensure that adult products, services and premises create a positive image of the British Council and create impact for the UK
- lead on production of the centre guide and website and other promotional material
- field and act on suggestions and complaints
- ensure Teaching Quality Standards for teaching, learning and promotion are met
- ensure courses meet needs of students and differentiate us from competitors through their quality and measured impact
- positively manage relationships with students, internal stakeholders (customer Services, resources, and examinations) external stakeholders (corporate sponsors) in order to maintain and develop adult business.
- responsible for identifying training needs and ensuring the delivery of an appropriate INSETT programme
- line manage up to six members of staff, taking an active role in their professional development and delivering high levels of performance management.
plan, prepare and deliver an average of 8 hours a week of teachingRole requirements:
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to user (CEFR C2) IELTS Band 8/9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module.
- Appropriate police check required
- Undergraduate degree
- DELTA or Trinity Diploma in ESOL or equivalent
- Overall (Post TEFL I) 4 years full time and relevant EFL Teaching Experience
- Current IELTS Examiner
How to apply
Visit our jobs portal to apply. You will also find a detailed role profile and our British Council behaviours and skills documents. Please read through these documents before applying.