Facilitator-English & Communication Skills for Employability
- To provide English for Employability training and mentoring activities to Tanzanian college tutors and members of the community to support a community engagement activity.
- To support the wider aims of the British Council and its cultural relations mission.
|Location||Dar es Salaam|
|Closing date||Sunday 20 November 2016|
Context and Environment
This post will contribute to the pilot project of a partnership between the UK and EU to foster Employability for Sustainable Development. This aims to:
- Address skills gaps in the oil and gas industry and associated sectors in East Africa
- Assist partner governments in preparing their workforces for upcoming opportunities in the private sector
The initiative will be implemented by the European partner. The British Council has agreed to design and deliver a pilot project focusing on English and Communication skills to support the wider partner programme in Tanzania. As part of this pilot project, the British Council is undertaking a community engagement initiative in collaboration with one of the main project beneficiaries based in Morogoro, Tanzania. To assist with the implementation of the plans for this element of the project, we require an experienced ELT Teacher/Trainer with a proven track record in helping people gain sustainable employment.
The role is part-time and will require regular travel to Morogoro. The candidate will be expected to work up to the equivalent of 30 working days within a three month contract. It requires someone who is available to start as soon as possible.
Support British Council’s global English strategy by:
- delivering teaching/training to the highest standards of ELT
- enhancing British Council’s reputation as a world authority in ELT
- Ensuring teaching/training meets learner needs and expectations
- Ensuring teaching meets teaching quality standards and organisational expectations
- Maintaining good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Supporting the teaching centre’s activities and British Council plans
You can read a detailed role profile here.
How to apply
You can access the full role profile on our jobs portal and apply here. You will also find additional information on British Council behaviours and British Council core skills required for this post on the jobs portal.