To support British Council Finance operations in Tanzania and make a key contribution to ensuring and maintaining a high level of finance control and compliance in the areas specifically accountable for.
|Closing date||Sunday 23 October 2016|
Context and environment
This post will be part of Business Systems Support (BSS) team, providing financial services to programmes, teaching centre and the exams team. The post will report to the British Council Tanzania Finance Manager and work closely with BSS team and support them in carrying out financial procedures and ensuring compliance with corporate policies.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties
The postholder will be accountable for providing financial support for the BC operation in Tanzania.
The postholder will be responsible for:
- Providing support to the Finance Manager in completing bank reconciliation as per the corporate policy
- Keeping all off-system cheques to a minimum and ensure details are sent to shared services team (hub) as per the corporate guideline
- Completing straight to bank payments and cheque payments
- Ensuring journals are raised immediately after issuing cheques Eg Exam refunds
- Completing income reconciliation for Exams as per corporate policy
- Completing reconciliation for vendors
- Ensure all cash journals are parked and posted daily
- Providing support to the Finance Officer in posting month end journals before the period is closed
- Manage the petty cash process and reconciliation.
You can read a detailed role profile here.