Programme Coordinator, Higher Education
To support the implementation of our Higher Education and Scholarship portfolio to meet the British Council’s objectives and targets and partner expectations in Tanzania. To support a network of internal and external service providers and partners to meet all project targets.
|Location||Dar es Salaam|
|Duration||2 years fixed term|
|Closing date||Sunday 21 October 2018|
- Support the implementation of annual projects work plans based on country, regional and SBU strategies for Education & Society and Higher Education.
- Support the development of project delivery plans and organise events to a high standard and within deadlines.
- Liaise closely with the Programme Manager, as first point of contact, Head of Programmes and Business Partnerships, Senior management team as well as regional and SBU colleagues (and/or the external customer as necessary) to clarify and agree local targets in terms of quality/revenue/margin/volume/impact/time/cost for the projects.
- To provide administrative and logistical arrangements for procurement, events and implementation of project activities.
- To provide financial support to the project managers including assisting in budget development, raising purchase orders, getting quotes from suppliers and correcting mis-postings.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Embeds a monitoring and evaluation process in all projects in order that project outcomes and impacts are measured and reported according to corporate/client standards, and lessons learned fed into on-going project design and delivery.
- To provide support to the Programme Manager in delivering high quality, timely and accurate monitoring and evaluation activities. Collect and record all data within deadlines and according to corporate standards.
Marketing and Communications:
- Ensures that projects are marketed to the highest standards according to the brand guidelines in print (press, publications), digitally (websites, social media, TV, radio) and at events (conferences, workshops, meetings).
Other key responsibilities:
- Working on the understanding that you are part of a larger team who have a collective responsibility to deliver British Council programmes to the highest standard
- Ensure that project activities reflect key data protection standards (Information Knowledge Management), Child Protection and equality, diversity and inclusion issues.
How to apply
Visit our jobs portal for the full role profile. You will also find the British Council behaviours and skills documents.