Teacher of English
The teacher of English at the British Council will be part of the teaching centre. The teaching centre team consists of a centre manager, an academic programme manager and currently 5 other teachers, registrar, a business development manager and a customer services Team. The teaching centre operates all year round. We have approximately 400 students per term.
- The teacher of English will promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission.
|Location||Dar es Salaam|
|Duration||Fixed term contract - 2 years for full time - 1 year for part time and hourly paid|
|Closing date||Saturday 16 March 2019|
The post holder will support British Council’s global English strategy by:
- To deliver teaching to the highest standards of English Language Teaching
- To enhance the British Council’s reputation as a world authority in English Language Teaching
- To continue professional development and sharing of best practices
Main Opportunities/ Challenges for this role:
- Ensuring teaching meets learner needs and expectations
- Ensuring teaching meets quality standards and organisational expectations
- Maintaining good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Supporting the teaching centre’s activities and British Council plans
How to apply
Visit our jobs portal for full details on the role and to apply.