Teacher of English
The British Council is currently looking to recruit English teachers for our centre in Dar es Salaam. The Teacher of English at the British Council will be part of the teaching centre. The teaching centre team consists of a centre manager, an academic programme manager and currently five other teachers, registrar, a business development manager and a customer services team. The teaching centre operates all year round. We have approximately 400 students per term.
|Location||Dar es Salaam|
|Duration||Fixed term contract - 2 years for full time, 1 year for part time and hourly paid|
|Closing date||Thursday 21 November 2019|
Role purpose and accountabilities
The Teacher of English will promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English and support the wider aims of the British Council and its cultural relations mission.
The post holder will support British Council’s global English strategy by:
- Delivering teaching to the highest standards of English Language Teaching
- Enhancing the British Council’s reputation as a world authority in English Language Teaching
- Continuing to pursue professional development and sharing of best practices
Main opportunities/ challenges for this role:
- Ensuring teaching meets learner needs and expectations
- Ensuring teaching meets quality standards and organisational expectations
- Maintaining good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Supporting the teaching centre’s activities and British Council plans
How to apply
Visit our jobs site to read more on the requirements for the role and to apply.