The British Council in Tanzania offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests.
You can book your IELTS test with us online. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre.
Tests we offer
|IELTS Academic and General Training - paper-based test||568,000 TZS||Book now
|IELTS Academic and General Training - computer-delivered test||576,000 TZS||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||582,000 TZS||Book now
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||437,000 TZS||Book now|
To book your test you will need to:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (passport or national ID card) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test via bank transfer/deposit. Bank details will be provided at our customer service desk.
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the rest of your registration documents (below) by post or in person at our Dar es Salaam office:
- A signed copy of your confirmation form.
- Proof of payment.
- Two passport sized photographs not older than six months. Candidates should not wear glasses on the photos and should have a neutral expression.
- A valid passport (we will take a photocopy), valid on the test day. If you are posting documents from outside Dar es Salaam, we will accept a scanned copy of your passport.
Once your booking is complete
You will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.